10 signs you should rewire your electric in your home in Newark, Ohio.
When the electrical framework of your home is in working order, it’s easy to forget it even exists. However, just like any other facet of your home, it isn’t immune to potential trouble. Problems with your electrical wiring aren’t only a hazardous problem for your home, but you and your loved ones could also be in danger.
Don’t let an electrical wiring problem result in a fire or other disaster. These are 10 common signs that your electrical system could either be damaged or worn out.
1. You have frequent problems with tripped breakers and blown fuses. This is often a sign that your appliances and electronics are attempting to draw lots of electricity.
2. You’ve noticed flickering or dimming in your lights. This could indicate flawed wiring.
3. Your outlets and/or wiring emit sizzling or buzzing noises. Any sounds at all emitting from your electrical outlets should be a cause for concern.
4. Cord plugs don’t fit snugly into your outlets. This is a sign that your outlets particularly need to be replaced.
5. You’ve recently purchased new major appliances, or your home has undergone a significant renovation. Major home upgrades often require a dedicated wiring system to handle their electrical load.
6. You have an older home. As a rule of thumb, it’s safe to assume the electrical wiring in your home is wearing out if the home itself is at least 40 years old. Older homes often feature aluminum wiring (rather than copper), and this can make it difficult to support modern appliances and electronics.
7. Your outlets only support two-pronged plugs. This indicates the outlets are ungrounded which could pose potential danger of electrocution.
8. You have aluminum wiring in your home. Aluminum wiring is prone to overheating. This can easily lead to a fire if your appliances draw lots of electricity. Look on the jacket for the abbreviation, “AL.” This indicates that the wiring is indeed aluminum.
9. You’ve been shocked just from plugging or unplugging a cord via an outlet. This is a major warning sign that the electrical wiring in your home is in need of an overhaul.
10. You’ve noticed a burning scent from your outlets. This is a common indication of overheated or burning wires.